Verrine de saumon à la pêche
For 4 verrines
• 4 verrines glasses
• 2 slices of smoked salmon
• 3 heaped tablespoons of crème fraîche or for a lighter version use low fat fromage blanc
• 3 tablespoons of garlic and herb soft cheese
• 10 chives
• ¼ of a lemon (juiced)
• 2 or 3 half peaches
• Cut the salmon into small squares. on à la pèche
• Chop the chives
• In a bowl, mix the lemon juice, crème fraîche or fromage blanc and the soft cheese.
• Add a little pepper to taste.
• Add in the salmon, keeping a few pieces for decoration.
• Mix well.
• Fill the glasses with the mixture putting a small piece of salmon and a slice of peach on the top for decoration.
• Serve cold.
• Very easy to make and very chic!
Perfect for a mise en bouche.
|< Prev||Next >|
For the ﬁrst time, our printed version uses videos to bring life to our content and advertising. A new concept, Augmented Reality, brings the paper to life at the click of a button. All you need to do is download the free LAYAR application on your phone or tablet and off you go. Then just follow the instructions over the next pages.
The sun is out, bank holidays are in, we all want to go and explore, although this can sometimes be ruined by the dreaded mistral (p14). But let’s not spoil things. How about a visit to St Jean du Fos (p20) or if you’re feeling more urban, a nice shopping day in Avignon with a healthy tea break (p23) or a visit to an art gallery in Nîmes? (p17) If you’re feeling extra energetic like me, how about entering the Pont du Gard race on 30 June to raise money for a fantastic local charity? Also in this issue, the remarkable story of a simulated space mission by Claire (p18) and a very funny article by Bernice on her pathological inability (or so she says) to learn languages (p22).